Strategy in the Age of Disruption
Date: 5–7 January 2020
Making strategic decisions against a shifting backdrop is one of the key challenges facing organizations today. New business models are emerging and disrupting markets almost overnight. The pace of technological change is relentless and the pressure to innovate and keep one step ahead of the competition is intense.
The world of business has entered an age where the only constant is change. How do managers successfully employ Business Strategy in such a disruptive business environment? This program will enable managers to develop critical and integrative strategic skills to successfully navigate today’s challenging business world. This highly interactive program relies heavily on discussions and applications of the concepts to the company contexts of the participants.
The program will expose participants to some of most influential ideas in strategic thinking and implementation of successful strategies in a world of rapid and disruptive.
The program will have following benefits to the participants:
- Learn the difference between operational effectiveness and strategy
- Understanding how to make alliances and acquisitions succeed
- Discover how digital can disrupt your industry by transforming the industry value chain, patterns of demand and competitive pressures
- Develop compelling value propositions that allow you to turn disruption from a threat to an opportunity
- Identify the link between culture and strategy
- This program is designed for mid- to senior-level leaders who are responsible for strategy creation and/or execution.
- Professionals with decision-making responsibilities affecting their organization.
Program Faculty Bio
Dr. AKS Zaheer, is Professor and Curtis L. Carlson Chair in Strategic Management at the Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota. He earned his Ph.D. from the Sloan School of Management at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He has an undergraduate degree in Economics from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, and a Masters in Business from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. After his Masters, Aks worked in industry for 11 years, including three years each with Astra-IDL, as Regional Sales Manager, and as Product Manager with Colgate-Palmolive in India, and five years in the consumer products industry in Nigeria.
Aks teaches courses in Strategic Management to Executive MBA and MBA students at the Carlson School, Minnesota, and for the Carlson School in Guangzhou, China. Aks has also advised prominent corporations, such as General Electric, Schwans and the former Guidant Corporation on strategy issues and strategic planning.
He was awarded the Carlson School Excellence in Research award in 2015, voted MBA Core Teacher of the Year for excellence in MBA teaching in 1995, 2005, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
5 – 7 January 2020
Rs. 75,000 + taxes (As applicable)
Fees should be paid in cheque or demand draft and made payable to “FLAME University Pune” at Pune. Please write the applicant name and “Program Name” at the back of the demand draft/cheque.
Payment should be mailed to FLAME University, 401, Phoenix Complex, Bund Garden Road, Opp. Residency Club, Pune – 411001, Maharashtra, India.
Fee can also be paid through Electronic Fund Transfer. The details are:
- For credit to Savings Bank A/c No.062010210000010, Account name – FLAME UNIVERSITY PUNE, Bank of India, Lavale Branch, Pune (RTGS/IFSC Code:BKID0000620)
- Name of Remitter:_____________(Please mention the name of the sponsoring organization)
- Purpose of Remittance: Strategy in the Age of Disruption
- FLAME University GST Number: 27AAATF2122L1ZW
Please inform us the complete transaction details so that we can connect the same.
FLAME University, Pune
How to apply
- Download the application form from http://cee.flame.edu.in/apply-now/ and follow the mailing instructions mentioned therein (or)
- Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details (or)
- Call us: +91-20 67906020 | +91 8454854112 | +91 9205361346
Early Bird Discount: Nominations received with payments 45 days before the program dates shall be entitled to an early bird discount of 5%. Early submission of fee and nomination does not, however, guarantee acceptance of application.
Group Discount: Please write to us email@example.com for more details.
Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota